I am a classically trained voice student (from the age of five) and have over 20 years of experience bringing my voice in front of an audience. As a certified yoga instructor, I also have years of experience in body/spirit work and alignment.
I bring my passion for both body and sound into our private lessons together and use my Vocal Embodiment Method to guide you in finding your Authentic Voice.
Lessons with me are all about you. I’m devoted to learning what you want and how you would like to grow as a musician. I will create a custom curriculum for you in accordance with your individual needs.
I’ve trained in and presently teach classical music, musical theater, and pop/folk/rock. I can coach you in everything from heartful songwriting to confidence in karaoke to stadium-sized performance skills. Is there a particular song you are interested in learning? I can help with that, too!
Ready to work together?
· Bachelor of Music degree with honors from Elon University’s highly acclaimed Music and Theater program
· Student of Orange County School of the Arts’ Musical Theater program
· Leader singer on Holland America’s cruise line
· First place in several vocal competitions including National Association of Teachers of Singing (N.A.T.S.) and Young Stars of the Future
· Contributed lead vocals for national commercials, McDonald’s and Coca-Cola
· Advanced student of Vocal Coach Master Linda Brice at Transformational Voice studio
· Founded, led, and managed my original folk music project, Wildish
· Currently write, sing, and play guitar, octave mandolin and mandolin, and perform regularly as Alexa Wildish. Check out my work at alexawildish.com.
HOW WILL YOU BENEFIT FROM WORKING WITH ALEXA?
A strong and confident sense of overall musicianship
Increased breath capacity and deep knowledge of breath control
A powerful, clear and resonant speaking voice
Overall ability to speak your needs and honor your greatest truths
A greater understanding of different musical genres and their corresponding vocal techniques
An abundance of vocal warmups and techniques for stretching your vocal capacity and range
Freedom from the emotional blocks in the way of fully expressing your voice
Developing pure tone and effortless vocal ease
A “zen” mindset from learning how to properly breathe and relax the nervous system
Songwriting tools and professional guidance
Deepened knowledge of microphone technique and stage performance skills
Greater awareness of your own energetic body and alignment of your Chakras
back to alexawildish.com